The US stocks open higher (and move higher)
The first move is to the upside on the opening.
The major US stock indices opened higher and move even higher in the initial move for the day.
- The S&P index is up 9.3 points or 0.34% at 2736.11. The low was 2731.92
- The NASDAQ composite index is up 35 points or 0.47% at 7431. The low was 7419.05
- The Dow industrial average is up 130 points or 0.52% at 24931. The low was 24850
Technically, the S&P is trading above its 100 and 200 hour MA today. The 200 hour MA comes in at 2730.97. The 100 hour MA comes in at 2724.99. Stay above is more bullish from a technical perspective (see chart above).
The US debt market yields are moving a little lower from earlier NA levels:
- two-year 2.25%, unchanged
- 5 year 2.635%, -1.3 basis points
- 10 year 2.866%, -1.6 basis points
- 30 year 3.134%, -1.5 basis points